Temporary Visas: Investors

International investors, pending on location, business, and amount can obtain a temporary visa to the United States.

Get My Free Consulation >>

Email LMG Law Today

Get your free immigration consultation today!

We value your privacy and would never spam you

E-1 Treaty Trader/E-2 Treaty Investor

Nationals of many countries are eligible to obtain Treaty Trader or Treaty Investor visas.

The E-1 Treaty Trader visa requires that at least 51 percent of the company's trade be between the treaty country and the U.S. The E-2 Treaty Investor visa requires a substantial investment in a U.S. business which must be controlled by treaty nationals. No fixed amount is required, and the definition of "substantial" varies depending on the particular business.

E visas may also be issued to managers, executives and essential employees of the same nationality who work for the U.S. branch office. The visas may be granted for an initial period of up to five years.  However, the person's stay is authorized by the Immigration Service in two-year increments granted upon each entry to the United States.  The easiest way to extend E status while the visa is valid is to travel abroad and re-enter.  This can only be done during the validity of the visa. The E visa can be extended as long as there is a need for the investor to direct and control the U.S. enterprise. Essential employee Es are expected to be replaced by U.S. trained personnel.

Spouses of E visa holders are allowed to request work authorization.

I am very glad I met Lahaina. She is a great lawyer, very professional, careful and knowledgeable. She is also very human, understanding and she just wants the best for you. I had a great experience with her and I would always go back to her if I ever needed an immigration lawyer again. Thank you for all your help. - Selene, Los Angeles

Get My Free Consulation >>

Email LMG Law Today

Get your free immigration consultation today!

We value your privacy and would never spam you

Still Have Questions about LMG Law?

Frequently asked questions...

What if I don't live in the United States?

LMG Law understands that immigration clients may be based abroad or traveling. Thus, we offer free consultations over Skype and phone.

What if I am presently in the United States without documentation?

Contrary to popular belief, being undocumented in the United States does not always lead to a 3 or 10 year ban. We are happy to do an intake with you to explore your options . You may fall into the exceptions, such as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), or more.

Do I have to come to the Hollywood or Riverside office to work with LMG Law?

LMG Law offers remote intakes and meetings. If you cannot make it to our Hollywood office, we will be happy to work with your schedule and travel restrictions.

What does the free consultation include?

Your free consultation includes a conversation with an attorney. This conversation includes a full case evaluation and a free quote.

How much does it cost?

LMG Law prioritizes competitive pricing. We will do our best to out price other law firms. Unfortunately, immigration law firms cannot give flat prices for services as each case is contingent on many factors (such as criminal history, nationality, employment, etc.).

Does LMG Law attend interviews with me?

LMG Law will attend your interviews or go to USCIS with you if you desire.

Call Direct for a Free Consultation

Email : office@lmgfirm.com

Phone: (323) 302-4533

LMG Law Los Angeles Office

355 South Grand Avenue, Suite 2450 ,

Los Angeles, CA 90071

Email : office@LMGfirm.com

Fax: (323) 302-9885

Riverside County Office

24630 Washington Ave., Ste. 104

Murrieta CA 92562